Background-image

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety-Jog

So right now I SHOULD be writing all about our great vacation we just had, but all I can think is, "There's no place like home." I guess I'll write that post later, because the trip really was great, and of course we have a million cute pictures, but for now, here are some wonderful things about being home.

--I was really worrying about my garden, so it's great to see that it's doing well and growing big, and we even had lettuce for a salad our first night back!

--I can eat weird Megan food like salad for breakfast again.

--It's good to be reunited with the stroller, so I can take Boo for walks again.

--Two words. Cloth diapers. We did disposable the whole time on the trip and I really missed our diaper system at home. Holy cow you have to buy a lot of diapers when you only use disposables! I don't know how anybody affords it!

--Having Booboo to myself. Don't get me wrong, it was a great break having so many wonderful relatives to play with him all the time, and I'll probably wish someone would come play with him in a couple of days or so, but for now, I'm kind of relishing all our private time. I have such a wonderful little boy!!

--There's a lot of cleaning to do and unpacking and whatnot, but it's at lot less stressful when it's your own house and you know where stuff goes and you're not bothering anyone asking them all the time where stuff goes!

--Ok, two more words: comfort zone!

--I'm excited to start using my new cute diaper bag I found in Washington!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad to hear you're home safely, and that you enjoyed your trip. SO SAD we weren't able to get out to see you, though :(

Isn't it insane, the price/quantity of disposable dipes needed for just one week? I get people saying "I don't know why on earth you'd do cloth," all the time, but I really think it's quite the opposite!

megandjon said...

It's so true Jen! Not to mention how quickly the pile of dirty diapers grows. So much trash!

* said...

Hope you've had a fun trip!

I love cloth dipes, too. I used Bumkins AIO's with my first 3 kids, then got lazy and have used disposable w/my baby #4.

PS: found you on Mormon Mommy blogs! ;)

Anonymous said...

Let's see some of those cute pictures from your trip. :)

The Nye's said...

I'm a little late to be posting...I've been out of the blog world for a while, but I'm glad you had a nice trip and I'm glad you are home!

The Nye's said...

We want more pictures of that sweet little boy!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you visited my blog and left all that great info! I'll have to poke around your blog.

I am so with you on the cloth diapers. We EC with our son, and used a limited amount of disposables for a while, and I HATED buying them. The crazy thing is I know so many families with limited income who use disposables and I can't understand why they'd rather throw their money away than do an extra load or two of laundry each week. I mean really, poop isn't that bad! Ah, well.