Background-image

Friday, March 13, 2009

Breathing Through Our Mouths...

This is just a quick post to explain why I've been so MIA lately: We're sick!!! Ok, just Booboo and me, so far Jon has managed to escape it. But it's really hanging on with me and Boo. Basically I've just been coping and then everytime he goes down for a nap so do I. I also didn't think that you guys would want to see a Wordless Wednesday of a pic of very red noses and a river of snot. Boo is holding up pretty well considering this is his first real sickness. But I'd like it to be over now! All I do is wipe noses all day, his and mine! And can someone explain to me why babies hate like poison to have their noses wiped (even though I've mostly been using nice soft burp cloths) only to immediately turn and wipe their noses on your shirt? What's the difference, really? Just a mystery of babyhood, I guess!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're both sick - I hate being sick, but being sick when your kids are sick too REALLY stinks.

Not that you're really looking for an answer, but babies breathe almost exclusively from their noses, and I think that plays a huge part in why they hate having their noses wiped (it pinches off their flow of air, if even momentarily.) Just a theory, anyway. But I'm right there with you in hating snotty shirt shoulders!

Heidi Mecham said...

That's no fun! I hope you two will get feeling better soon!